Chicken en papillote is a super ‘low-fat’ and low calorie dish cooked without any oil. Its also super easy to make. If you want you could add oil to the papillote or you can add a drizzle of sesame oil before serving. Minus the oil the dish is under 250 kcal.
This is a super ‘low-fat’ and low calorie dish cooked without any oil. Its also super easy to make. If you want you could add oil to the papillote or you can add a drizzle of sesame oil before serving. Minus the oil the dish is under 250 kcal.
- 1 skinless chicken breast fillet
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcerstershire sauce
- 1 spring onion (scallion), sliced
- 4 small mushrooms, sliced
- 1 fresh chilli (of your choice), sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- A small cube of fresh ginger cut into thin slices or matchsticks
- Salt and pepper
- Sesame oil to drizzle (optional)
- Marinade the chicken breast with the chilli, garlic, ginger, mushrooms and spring onion in the soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce for 30 mins. You could leave this overnight.
- Heat oven to 180C.
- Place the chicken breast together with the marinade ingredients on a sheet of foil lined with baking paper. Add a little salt sprinkled on top of the chicken and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Cover with a second slightly larger sheet of foil to form a tent. Crimp the edges of the foil together to form a tight seal.
- Bake for 25 mins.
- Open the ‘papillote’ and char the chicken and some of the chillies and onions with a blow torch. You don’t have to do this but it does improve the look of the dish and the slightly charred spring onions and chillies are delicious.
- Drizzle with sesame oil (optional).
- Serve with rice or noodles.
For more great recipes from Morning Glory, join us on CookingBites forum
- Serving Size: 6 oz
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 1220 mg
- Fat: 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: < 1 g
- Protein: 29 g
- Cholesterol: 65 mg
Keywords: chicken, en papillote, mushrooms, chilli
Recipe submitted with Author permission *