Easy Taco Soup Recipe
This easy taco soup recipe is a mainstay in our recipe catalog and on our dinner table. It makes a superb lunch choice too. The soup is healthy, filling, simple to prepare, budget friendly, and delicious any time of the year. Make a big batch today!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 2 lbs of Ground Beef (85/15)
- 1 large white onion (minced)
- 2 packets of taco mix
Try our Homemade Low-sodium Taco Mix
- 2 tbsp of cumin seeds (powder ok)
- 2 tbsp of crushed red peppers
- 1 can of pinto beans (14.5 oz)
- 1 can of black beans (14.5 oz)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 1 can of corn (14.5 oz)
- 1 cup of Worcestershire sauce
- 3 jalapeno peppers (chopped)
Additional Toppings (optional)
- Shredded cheese (white cheddar)
- Scallions (cut)
- Avocado slices
- Sour cream or Greek Yogurt
- In a large stew pot, heat 1/2 the onion, 1 tbsp of cumin seeds, 1 tbsp of crushed peppers.
- Add the meat. Add rest of cumin seeds, and crushed peppers. Add worcestershire sauce and stir.
- Cook meat on high for five minutes. Break up the meat while it cooks.
- Add rest of the onions and chopped peppers. Add taco seasoning mix and 1 cup of water. Stir the mixture. Cook on high for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, black beans and pinto beans. Stir together.
- Add two cups of water. Stir. Turn down to simmer, put on the lid and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add corn. Stir. Let simmer for another 20 minutes.
Want a better taste? Add 1 cup of water and simmer another hour.
Soup Rule: The longer it simmers, the better it tastes.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl (200 g)
- Calories: 314
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 640 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 23 g
- Cholesterol: 65 mg
Keywords: taco soup, recipe