German fried potatoes otherwise known as Bratkartoffeln is a quick dish to prepare and goes well with many dinner ideas. Easily used for breakfast and lunch too. Absolute definition of Comfort food. Always a favorite on my table.Print
German Fried Potatoes known as Bratkartoffeln is easy comfort food. Simple ingredients, easy to make, and so delicious. Works well with any meal.
- 700g potatoes, peeled and sliced (around 10mm)
- ½ tblsp Olive oil (see note in “method”)
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 6 Rashers streaky bacon, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tblsp Chopped fresh parsley
- Par-boil the potatoes (around 10 minutes), drain and allow to cool. Heat the oil in a large frying pan (If the bacon includes a lot of fat, reduce the oil quantity accordingly) and fry the bacon until slightly crispy. Remove the bacon and put aside.
- Fry the onion in the same oil until translucent. Remove the onion and put aside.
- Add the potatoes in a single layer and fry without stirring for around 5 minutes. Sprinkle on a little salt and pepper, turn the potatoes over, return the onion and bacon to the pan and brown the other sides of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle on the fresh parsley.
Join us on CookingBites for more exciting recipes
- Serving Size: 210 g
- Calories: 260 cal
- Sugar: 3.7 g
- Sodium: 400 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Fiber: 4.2 g
- Protein: 13.7 g
- Cholesterol: 23 mg
Keywords: potato, German, Bratkartoffeln, bacon
Recipe submitted with permission of Author *
Related German Fried Potato Recipes
Other CookingBites Submissions
- Chicken en Papillote by MorningGlory