Homemade Pizza Rolls are a fun and delightful way of pleasing your whole family. Great snack for the big football game, too.
Homemade Pizza Rolls
Homemade Pizza Rolls are a fun and delightful way of pleasing your whole family. Great snack for the big football game, too. Tasty. Easy. Budget-friendly.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Classic
- 1 package of Brown & Serve rolls (12 rolls)
- 1/2 can of Muir Glen Crushed Tomatoes (No-salt added variety)
- 6 slices of Sandwich Pepperoni (from the deli)
- 4 slices of Low Sodium Provolone (from the deli)
- 2 tbsp of pizza seasoning
- 2 tbsp of crushed red peppers (optional)
- Cut rolls in half. Place bottom half on baking sheet.
- Spread crushed tomatoes on rolls.
- Sprinkle a little spice on top.
- Arrange 6 slices of sandwich pepperoni on top. Make sure to cover all 12 rolls.
- Put a dab of tomatoes on top of each pepperoni slice.
- Sprinkle a little spice on top.
- Place 4 slices of Provolone cheese on top.
- Put tops of rolls on the cheese.
- Place a dab of tomatoes on top of rolls. (eye appeal)
- Put in oven at 375 degrees for 7-8 minutes.
( note: follow the baking instructions on package of rolls)
- Serving Size: 120 g
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 433 mg
- Fat: 10.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.5 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 9 g
- Cholesterol: 23 mg
Keywords: pizza, pizza rolls, homemade, fresh, food, snack
Totino’s versus Homemade Pizza Rolls
No discussion about pizza rolls would be complete without a brief mention of the number one store-bought pizza roll – Totino’s. And depending on where you shop, you can buy them from 8 to 20 cents per pizza roll. ( suggested serving is 6 rolls ) Besides the inexpensive price tag, the pizza rolls are surprisingly flavorful. Even further, they are fast and simple to prepare. In short, Tortino pizza rolls are budget friendly, flavorful, and convenient.
However, nutritionally speaking, they are less than healthy. One peek at the ingredients label leaves the reader exhausted. That is to say, the ingredients label contains an amazing 218 words. I cannot recall any product with such an extensive list of ingredients. The Nutrition Facts label follows the typical norm for packaged foods. High in sodium (410mg) and carbohydrates (26g). On the other hand, our homemade pizza rolls use fresh deli products and Non-GMO tomatoes. Best of all, they are cheaper than store-bought pizza rolls.
Perhaps, most importantly, the biggest difference comes in flavor and appeal. Lets face it, homemade pizza rolls look more appetizing and just plain taste better. Anybody can “nuke” a plate of store-bought rolls, but serve a plate of our homemade pizza rolls and you will be greeted with many smiling faces. 😀
Where the recipe comes from…
I wish I could say that I found this idea on some other website but that is not the case. Our recipe comes from Thanksgiving dinner 2018. I had bought too many packages of brown & serve dinner rolls. What can I say?…They were on sale! So now I need a way to use the rolls without destroying all my low carbohydrate diet limits. And that is how our pizza roll recipe is born. Now I won’t kid you. As I researched this topic, I discovered thousands of varieties of homemade pizza roll recipes on the web and many of them are virtually identical to ours. So feel free to find one that suits your needs and tastes. Here are a few of my favorite links:
- Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza Appetizer – Easy Crescent Roll …
This Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza appetizer is a crowd pleaser anywhere I take this yummy appetizer. People always want the recipe! It is unbelievably good and even easier to make. Everyone is going to love this Crescent Roll Pizza Appetizer!
- Pepperoni Pizza Snacks – Weight Watchers
Enjoy a tasty and delicious meal with your loved ones. Learn how to make Pepperoni Pizza Snacks & see the Smartpoints value of this great recipe.
- 13 Insanely Easy 10-Minute Pizza Snacks – BuzzFeed
Easy 10-Minute Pizza Snacks. Because sometimes even 20-minute delivery is too damn slow.
Check How-to Video Recipe
If you like this, check out Easy French Bread Pizza Recipe